Monday, July 11, 2011

The last month or so


Since graduation in May we have done a few small trips and Michael's mom came to visit.

We went on an impromptu camping trip over fathers day weekend to City of Rocks in Idaho. It was a lot of fun until the weather turned to freezing cold rain and wind.

Pat, Michael's mom, flew in for the week. She brought my FAVORITE treat (cannollis)! I'm still working off the fat. She seemed to like Quinn just a little bit!



Just last week I met up w some of the women I grew up with. I have known these girls for about 30 years! makes me feel old to say that! I met Nani ( directly to my right) when I was riding my big wheel around the block! It was good to see everyone.

I also spent a bazillion hours in May/June studying for my NP boards...which I passed!!! Huge sigh of relief! I quit my job in the PICU/CICU last week (WEIRD feeling after being there for the last 11 years). It is tough to leave a place where you are comfortable and move on to the next challenge where you know next to nothing!. I will be starting in Pediatric Rheumatology, Allergy and Immunology starting next Monday as a DNP (Nurse practitioner)... I'm pretty nervous about it! New chapter in all our lives. It is M-F 8-5. I have never had a M-F job. We will see if I like it or not. I will miss being able to do things during the week when it is less crowded.

I have also been trying to mtn bike, road bike, or hike everyday while I am unemployed for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment